Monday, May 20, 2013

Indian Springs Wash ride

Did a really fun ride up near Bartlett Lake on Saturday. It was my first time up there and it has some absolutely gorgeous scenery. Bonus points for being able to ride down to the lake to let the horses drink and sponge them off. (See, we do have water in Arizona...you just have to know where to look and how to get to it.)

banana yucca

first view of the lake

Barb on Junior in the lead, Clydea on Ash, me on Clydea's
horse Pepe providing the ear cam shot

And I came home to find my ducklings learning to play "king of the hill" on the rock next to the pond. Now Mama is onto the game and she sits on top of the rock while they cluster at the base.







2 comments:

  1. Hello Ashley
    New to your blog, that looks like a great ride. I am from AZ and have been to Indian Springs, but have not ridden there yet. I am moving home soon so really look forward to getting to see all the places I grew up, only on horseback!

    Nice to meet you.
    Cindy (herdlife.blogspot.com)
    I solemnly swear that I am not spamming you. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! Welcome and thanks for reading!

      Delete