Friday, July 6, 2012

Whirlwind; or, Catch-Up, Redux

Even after 5 years of blogging, I still have some issues with consistency.  I don't blog for a bit, say due to life circumstances and lack of time.  So I get out of the habit.  And I don't blog.  And I don't blog.  And suddenly, I've got all this stuff that's happened, and I feel overwhelmed trying to catch up on everything...so I figure, I just won't.

And then I can't figure out what to blog about.

Ugh.

I haven't really been up to anything monumentally exciting.  This is Arizona hibernation weather, the time of year where the pony thanks me for not riding her.  The closest national forest trailheads -- and 20* cooler weather -- are currently closed (at least as of last week) due to the extreme fire danger, and probably won't open again until we get some more rain, so that put the kibosh on the vague "let's go ride in the mountains" plans we had floating around at the barn.

I did have to go out of town a couple of weeks ago.  My grandmother passed away, and we all went back to Pennsylvania for her funeral.  Was not impressed with East Coast humidity.  My hat's off to all endurance riders back there who successfully cope with it.

Work continues on...in short, I LOVE IT.  Finalizing Tevis plans for next month.  Rough schedule is I'll be in Auburn Tuesday/Wednesday, then up to Robie Park Thursday/Friday for booting.  Ride Day Saturday, the plan is to be at the Hwy 89 crossing in the morning to shoot some video, then up to Robinson Flat, then back down to Foresthill, then to the Finish.  Yeah, I'm going to try to be a die-hard and stay up til the wee hours of the morning.  I just might be a bit crazy.  Massive quantities of caffeine will be involved.

Plans to try to meet up with several blog buddies...definitely looking forward to that!  One of my favorite things about endurance has been all of the great people I've met and friends I've made...that alone has been a major motivating factor to still keep my foot in the door of the sport, even during my competition-hiatus period -- I would really hate to lose contact with so many of the great people I've met.

I'm also starting to put together a blog list that I'll be putting on the Renegade news page -- a list of "affiliates" of sorts, such as distributors or riders who use the boots that keep a blog and talk about the boots.  If you're interested in having your blog or web page put on the list, let me know!

Tevis is a month away...let the countdown begin.

I still need to do an updated hoof post...will get photos this weekend when I'm down at the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment