- Mimi's now got Renegades all around! Kirt and Gina, after much harassment on my part :) came out with 00 boots, which fit Mimi's hind feet (actually better than the fronts!). So look for her sparkly-gold feet out on the trail! Although if she's in pony-power-trot mode, it might just be a goldish blur.
- We unfortunately had to miss Sonoita in March. The timing was such that Mimi, rather unexpectedly, decided that she needed her hocks injected about a week before the ride, and the fact was, I didn't have the money to be able to take care of it that soon and still afford the ride, etc.
- I'm going to Tevis this year!!! Not riding...crewing! Jim and Cindy Brown agreed to put up with me and my overabundance of enthusiasm for all things Tevis :) after I found out Jim decided to ride Tevis this year and promptly offered my crewing services.
- It's hot here in AZ...low to mid 90s already. my new mantra is "Good Tevis Training." I think my father is going to throw something at me next time he hears it. :) Hey, like I said, I'm obsessed. I have a year and three months to be ready for Tevis 2009. As long as I have my 300 qualifying miles and a sound pony, we're going next year. Anyone up for robbing a bank with me so I can acquire the funds? Thank goodness for kind offers of friends' properties to stay at ahead of time.
- Found a lovely new trailhead to ride up in Pine. There's a trail that goes all the way to the top of the Rim, about 2000' in 5 miles. Now that is what I call good Tevis training! *ducks*
- Next ride is in Williams in June. *Please* don't let it get cancelled. however, entry forms are online this year, which they weren't last year, so that makes me hopeful. AZ fire season, please hold off until July. Please? Williams promises to be a good ride...and GTT (hey, I warned you I am obsessed). Apparently elevations are from 6500'-10000'!!! Wow!!! That's a whole stinkin' lot of climbing...I may regret my enthusiasm. Maybe even I will be getting off to lead. Ack. I need to find someone who has done the Devil Dog ride in the past and find out what the trail is like?!?! Last time this ride was held was back in 1990! And apparently they're goign to be using the majority of the same trails. Previous rides have been won in about a 6 hour ride time, so maybe it's not as hard as I'm thinking? Of course, that was 18 years ago...a lot has changed since then in terms of vet criteria and ride speeds. Hmmm.
If I think of anything else critical, I'll post, but for now, I think those are all the major highlights.