Wednesday, March 26, 2014
AERC's YouTube Channel with different educational and promotional videos.
Currently, there are educational, how-to videos covering the topics of the vet check, what to pack in your crew bag, and the basics of horse camping.
There are also some great videos that show coverage of this year's AERC Convention...including interviews with some of the vendors who were set up there.
Yes, that's the Renegade booth...and yes, that's yours truly. With absolutely no advanced notice or head's up...not too bad for completely on-the-spot interviewing.
Anyway...check out the rest of the videos, and remember, as always...if you have questions about endurance riding, email me or leave a comment! I still feel like I'm muddling my way through this sport most of the time, but if my experiences can help in any way, I'm always happy to share.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
|New browband from Taylored Tack to dress|
up an old bridle. Mimi has always been the
|she will slam on the brakes in the middle of|
a schooling session if she's thirsty
New reins, also from Taylored Tack. They're
purple, and camo. How could I resist???
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
|l to r: Cheri, myself, Melinda|
|hanging out at the booth|
l to r: Caitlin, myself, Saiph, Liz
l to r: Liz, Mel, Caitlin, Saiph, myself
|don't get between a hungry endurance rider and their food|
|yours truly on Saturday|
Convention is back in Reno again next year, and I'm pretty sure that attending the trade show is going to become a permanent thing. It's right up there with attending rides as my favorite part of my job and I'm already working on some new ideas for the booth display...
Monday, March 3, 2014
The long and short of it:
- My tall boots didn't kill me. Although I had some nasty shin splints a couple days later, probably from neglecting to change out of said tall boots after I was done riding and doing all of the packing up, driving back to the barn, unloading, and driving home. Maybe something to do with it.
- I still enjoy showing...just not Mimi. Mimi would probably enjoy showing again...with a junior rider. Together, the two of us prefer distance riding.
- I missed my wild tights and comfortable shoes.
- My boyfriend came along to help mind the puppy...I quite enjoyed having him there, and it was really nice to not have to worry about Artemis while I was riding.
- The best part was seeing old friends from my show days, some who have their own children showing, some who are now the professional trainers...
- Anyway, it was something different to do that got us out of the barn. Might be fun to get Mimi back in shape for gymkhana games...we did some barrel patterns for fun the other weekend at the barn and she had a blast.
|small puppy got to go...and had a blast|
|not too bad for brushing off the trail dust|