Today is my father's XXth birthday...he can enlighten anyone who asks what numbers are supposed to fill in those x's. :)))
I couldn't ask for a better riding partner to spend the hours and miles with along the trail. Thank you for following me into this crazy horse obsession, and for making me a better horseperson along the way. Your open-mindedness and curiosity has broadened my horizons and taken me far outside of my original comfort zone...and for that, I'm eternally grateful.
And thank you:
- for enabling my love of horses in the first place, when you first pointed out that little white mare being ridden in the arena as we were passing by...
- for tolerating the pointed-toe kicks in the kidneys from an impatient little girl who didn't understand that you actually were bidding on that pony...
- for being there through all the subsequent ups and downs of show life with a young rider and green pony
- for doing all that being a Show Dad entailed...hauling the trailer, lifting saddles, giving me a leg up, making sure my number was straight, and taking literally hundred of thousands of horse show pictures
- for taking me up on my "suggestion" to take riding lessons
- for taking up the reins on your own horse and venturing into the world of trail riding
- for convincing me that NATRC sounded like fun
- for following me into endurance
- for crewing for me at rides before you had an endurance horse
- for being such a great ride partner
- Thank you for being such a wonderful influence and role model in my life. I'm a better person because of how you and Mom have raised me. You've taught me to meet -- and exceed -- expectations, live up to my responsibilites, follow through on commitments, and live a Christian life that glorifies God. Thank you for that, and so much more.